About Logistics Vison Suite (WMS)
A warehouse management system (WMS) is an advanced software that directs the flow of stocks from the day of receipt till the day of delivery. Daily tasks related to receiving, putaway , picking , replenishment will be system directed, which enables companies to utilize resources by managing the information instead of solving operational problems.
Logistics Vision Suite (LVS) is an adaptable and flexible WMS that allows you to control your operations through system-directed processes that in turn will help you to reduce operating costs, improve inventory accuracy and increase customer service levels.
Logistics Vision Suite (LVS), Mantis’ flagship WMS/logistics software suite, is an integrated state of the art family of extended Supply Chain Execution software systems.
LVS’ design represents a great leap in WMS/logistics technology, offering enterprise-scale true adaptability & flexibility that is unique world-wide. It meets the needs of even the most demanding large enterprises with ease and helps them to achieve an unbeatably fast ROI + low TCO. The company makes this claim, after having successfully outperformed some of the best competitive WMS on the market.
More than 400 enterprises, many of them leading multinationals, representing all major market sectors (3PLs/4PLs, retailers, distributors / wholesalers, etc.) and selling channels (traditional and e-commerce) rely on Mantis’ software and solutions to run and optimize their warehousing and logistics operations. The system has been successfully integrated with most major ERPs (SAP, Oracle/JDE, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, Epicore, etc.).
In particular, the following LVS software systems and modules can be combined, to create the most appropriate logistics solution for an enterprise:
Warehouse Vision (WV) covers all major warehousing activities:
Management of Purchase Orders and ASNs
A comprehensive POs (Purchase Orders) and ASNs (Advance Shipping Notices) management module is included in the Warehouse Vision.
POs are the orders submitted by a company towards its suppliers and usually include product codes, quantities, packing requirements, special stock attributes (if any), etc.
ASN info is in turn provided by the suppliers following the execution of POs of their customers and usually include date/time of expected arrival, vehicle data, etc.
POs and ASNs can be entered manually or automatically imported into this module from another IT system such as the ERP of the company or the depositor (in the case of 3PL/4PL) or even the supplier (in case of ASNs).
The automatic import is being done by the means of the LVS / Logistics Link Manager tool. It can be initiated by an authorized administrator or by the system itself (scheduled) or be performed by the system automatically through polling, or using Web Services. Alternatively ASNs can be entered through Web by means of the optional Logistics Customer Service subsystem.
ASNs correspond (are linked) to POs, thus during the receiving process, actual receipts can be compared against the expected ones (ASNs), report the differences (if any) and update the relevant PO’s.
The support of kits (sets) of items in all necessary warehousing activities is the object of this module. It allows orders (SOs, ASN) to refer to kits while internal warehouse processes handle the corresponding component stock without the need to assemble them into kits.
It is a comprehensive application supporting light production activities within a distribution center. Such activities are usually the creation of promotional items and displays (by Supermarkets and FMCG distributors) and the assembly of the final “ready-made” products (devices, furniture, etc). An indicative list of the capabilities of this module is given bellow:
- Assembly of existing components (SKUs) and packaging materials to produce new SKUs by employing advanced multilevel specifications (Bill Of Material – BOM).
- An unlimited number of BOM levels are supported. BOMs can be version controlled.
- Informs user on the products expected to be produced per production line/order (SKU, QTY etc.).
- Back-Flushing for automatic issuing of the components and packing materials.
Touch Screen Packing Station
LVS/Touch Screen Packing Stations (TSPS) are usually installed on (customized per case) workbenches that greatly facilitate the packing, weighting and checking processes. The (manually or automatically through material handling technologies) picked goods pass through the Touch Screen Packing Stations where operators check, split and merge the goods at the desired level of detail such as cartons, inner-cartons & pieces. TSPS can also catch/register the weight of the resulting packages and can generate packing lists and shipping labels where required to facilitate the vehicle loading and delivery process. Finally, TSPS enable the users to check the goods during the packing process.
Scale up your business, be prepared to meet the challenges of a consumer-driven era, where the fast emerging e-commerce industry sets new standards for order fulfillment process. Improve throughput, increase accuracy and reduce costs by utilizing smart automation solutions to simplify and automate warehouse operations, optimize warehouse floor space and ultimately maximize productivity and profitability.
Mantis offers affordable warehouse automation solutions, utilizing 3rd party middleware / hardware automations tightly integrated in Logistics Vision Suite, providing a seamless and modular implementation for warehouse operations.
Technologies designed, developed and supported by Mantis:
Light Directed Systems
Provided in various configurations such as Pick-to-Light, Pick-to-Cart, Put-to-Wall, Sort-to-Light for automating picking & sorting operations.
Voice Directed Systems
Delivering instructions by voice to accommodate hands-free and eyes free picking to maximize picking accuracy either by standard Pick-by-Voice configuration or by the more enhanced multi-modal speech directed configuration, where voice instructions in combination with touchscreen utilization delivering significant productivity gain.
Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems – AS/RS
A middleware -WCS- tightly integrating Mantis’ Logistics Vision Suite with various Automated Material Handling Systems such as Miniloads, Shuttles / Carousels, Pallet Stacker Cranes, Sorters, Cutting Machines, etc.
RFID System Integration
Built-in functionality to utilize RFID technology to capture and collect information in warehouse inbound and outbound inventory operations, resulting in high throughputs and errors elimination.
Dock & Gate Management
Dock & Gate Management provides full functionality for the management of the gates and the planning of reception locations for incoming trucks and it provides comprehensive reporting for supplier/customer evaluation.
The module includes a graphical “calendar” interface that allows authorized users to create/modify a plan for reserving reception locations for incoming trucks per warehouse activity (expected receipts, returns and order-shipments).
The planning of the reception locations can be per: Specific Time-Line, Day, Week & Month. Every truck that comes into the warehouse needs a passage note for the entrance. Passage notes can be linked to specific warehouse activities such as Expected Receipts, Returns and Order-Shipments.
The Gate Management module also offers a user interface optimized for Touch-Screen usage enabling users to quickly check the status of passage notes and make and record the correct entry/exit decision. Passage note statuses include: Checked, Entry granted, Exit granted & Completed.
Task Manager is a powerful tool that greatly facilitates the management of WMS tasks (picking, put-away, replenishment, etc.). An indicative list of its capabilities is given bellow:
- Search current tasks by many criteria (type, status, depositor, item, etc.).
- Execute tasks & group a number of tasks to a task list.
- Modify task details such as priority, reassign another user to execute it, change the task destination (pick/put-away/.. destination).
Visual Warehouse Manager (VWM) is a state-of-the-art visual warehouse management tool. VWM greatly facilitates the management of warehouse daily operations by allowing the visual monitoring of all stock status and movements through the various warehouse areas and storage systems in real time as well as the visual setup of the characteristics of storage locations and the visual initiation of stock-related tasks. An indicative list of VWM’s capabilities is given bellow:
- Many zoom levels are supported within the distribution center reaching up to the stock details.
- Visualization of activity details in real time.
- Powerful stock locator facility with a visualization of the search results on top of the warehouse layout.
- Visual setup of all attributes of storage locations.
- Visual initiation of stock related tasks such as reservation, relocation, etc.
Work Force Supervisor
Work Force Supervisor [WFS] is a visual user-friendly tool that enables warehouse managers to monitor the actions of the RF users and interact with them in real time regardless of their location (i.e. a warehouse manager can monitor RF users who are located in different local or remote buildings/sites). Besides monitoring, expert warehouse managers can use WFS to help/train RF users in real time. An indicative list of its capabilities is given bellow:
- Real time viewing of a user’s RF screen.
- Ability to monitor and/or stop one or more active RF users simultaneously.
- Ability to send/receive messages to/from one or more RF users simultaneously.
Operational Alerts is based on the “Event & Alert Engine” that is included in the core system. It allows users to define their “interest” to specific operational alerts as well as the way to be notified by the system (e-mail, pop-up message, etc). So far the alerts supported are those related to the (successful or unsuccessful) results of specific EDI operations (relevant to LVS/Logistics Link Manager). More alerts will be introduced in the future.
These modules are used by 3PLs/4PLs and logistics business units of an enterprise wishing to act/operate as a 3PL/4PL company:
Warehouse Billing undertakes the full control, calculation, issuing and maintenance of all invoice data concerning warehousing activities.
Distribution Billing undertakes the full control, calculation, issuing and maintenance of all invoice data concerning distribution activities.
Upstream – Downstream Traceability Management
A complete set of functions supporting the traceability both in up-stream and in down-stream logistics is included in the system. It can support up to 100% recall accuracy depending on the trace detail level the customer decides to employ in the warehousing operations.
Mantis’ long experience with traceability issues is due to its large number of Food/Bev and in general FMCG customers.
Lot genealogy keeps track of the internal genealogy of the lots within the production area of a DC. It is accompanying the Warehouse Production module of the LVS/Warehouse Value subsystem.
Logistics Customer Service
It extends the supply chain outside the walls of the enterprise enabling company’s trade partners (customers, resellers, suppliers, etc.) to retrieve information on stock and order status in real time, to submit orders and ASNs and in general access and interact with the company through a multi-channel communication infrastructure (web, smartphone/tablets, call center & fax):
- e-Track&Trace: Retrieve logistics data concerning the status of warehouse stock and key logistics activities in real time as well as historical data.
- e-Order: Create and submit sales/delivery orders.
- e-ASN: Create and submit Advanced Shipping Notices – ASNs (receipts).
This subsystem is a “must” for 3PLs/4PLs who want to provide their customers (depositors) with the above functionality concerning their own stock and logistics activities. It is also very useful for distributors/wholesalers and retailers who want to provide their logistics staff and executives with such functionality.
Adaptability includes powerful tools and unique built-in features allowing Mantis’ partners and customer’s own staff to easily adapt LVS covering almost every logistics need of a modern enterprise:
- Visual Logistics Scenario Builder is a powerful tool allowing consultants to easily define stock rotation rules that are more specialized than the standard FIFO/FEFO/LIFO/.. ones which are included in the core system. A graphical flow design interface to easily combine predefined advanced business rules as well as define new ones in order to create even the most complex picking and replenishment scenarios. An unlimited number of rules and scenarios can be active at the same time per DC to cover its special needs.
- Logistics Link Manager is a powerful tool which allows the fast initial setup of the interfaces between Mantis/LVS and existing IT systems (ERP, MRP, etc) as well as their easy ongoing maintenance. It supports known standards such as file types (CSV, ASCii, XML), Database (direct access to temporary tables) and Web Service calls. So far, it has been successfully integrated with known international ERPs such as SAP, Oracle/JDE, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor and Epicore as well as with many other local/regional ERPs.
- Visual Warehouse Designer is the design part of the Visual Warehouse Manager described earlier in this document. It enables authorized personnel to initially design and then maintain and modify the topology of the various warehouse areas and storage systems.
- Software Development Enabler allows the usage of Microsoft DOT NET and SQL programming languages to extend system’s functionality through ‘software exits’ and Application Programming Interface (API) mechanisms both on Windows and RF clients.
- RF Menu Designer is a tool that allows consultants to customize the RF menus depending on customer’s specific needs.
- Custom Reports Builder allows the creation of custom reports based on the Crystal Reports platform as well as on the Dashboard tools included in LVS.
- Windows Form Designer is a powerful tool allowing the creation of custom windows forms of LVS to cover special customer needs.